Bethlehem Historical Association
The museum is located in the Cedar Hill Schoolhouse, 1003 River Road, Selkirk. Visitors are welcome to view the exhibits during open hours or by appointment. The museum houses a large collection of artifacts, clothing and ephemera based on Town of Bethlehem history.
In addition to the historic schoolhouse, the property contains a Toll -Gate which was saved from demolition when moved from its original location at what is now Marshall’s plaza at 9W and Feura Bush Road, a reproduction of a carriage house and an outhouse, moved from a residence on River Road in 2016.
For pictures of exhibits click here
2020 Fall Exhibits
New Exhibits for Fall 2020 are:
- How transportation formed Bethlehem history with Rivers, Roads & Rails.
- Step into an early classroom and see how our formal education system developed.
- Go Around the Mulberry Bush with early 20th c. housewives as they go about their weekly chores.
- Get acquainted with the Wilke family who farmed on Beaver Dam Road.
- Learn about events that took place right here in Bethlehem that led to the passage of 19th amendment one hundred years ago.
A new scavenger hunt will help lead you through the various exhibits.